How to choose a real estate agent
1. Consumers who do their homework can save thousands of dollars and experience a smooth transition. So don’t waste time and resources – decide what’s most important to you, and then find a professional who specializes in that area. A RE/MAX agent can help you no matter what your needs are.
2. Ask friends and family members for referrals. Someone you know and trust may have a RE/MAX agent in mind to help you meet your real estate goals.
3. If you’ve already determined where you’d like to live, drive through neighborhoods in the area and survey them for REALTOR® yard signs. Seeing the same name pop up on signs time after time may indicate that the agent is a specialist in the area. If you’re thinking about selling, monitor the signs in your own neighborhood.
4. Moving far away? Right here on remax.com, you can connect with a RE/MAX agent around the world who can offer great expertise and service. Consider services they offer, additional certifications, any specialties, and languages they speak. You’ll find the right professional to meet your real estate needs no matter where your home search takes you.
5. Pay attention to credentials. This will help you determine areas of expertise. You may be interested in these designations: ABR (Accredited Buyer Representative), CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert), LHMS (Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist), CRS (Certified Residential Specialist) and SRES (Seniors Real Estate Specialist). There are dozens of designations pursued for continuing education, so identify one or more that fit your needs.
- damariskruger posted this